Bright Starts™ Proudly Honors 2009 Pink Power Mom™ Winners.
Leading infant brand recognizes eight breast cancer survivors with donations and gifts as part of its third annual contest.
(Atlanta) October 15, 2009 – Bright Starts™, the award-winning infant brand developed and distributed by Kids II Inc., today announces winners of the third annual 2009 Pink Power Mom™ contest. The program honors eight mothers who have survived breast cancer and used their experience to make a difference in the lives of others who are also affected by the disease.
“We are proud to celebrate the lives and contributions of eight extraordinary women who are making a difference in their communities,” said Miles Bohannan, vice president of marketing for Kids II, designer and manufacturer of the Bright Starts brand. “Our goal is to support the Pink Power Moms and their organizations as they continue to make a difference in the lives of others every day.”
A Bright Starts Pink Power Mom is a breast cancer survivor or someone who is currently battling breast cancer. They are professionals, friends, neighbors and community leaders who embody strength, determination and resilience in the face of overwhelming adversity. Their distinct stories influence and inspire women’s awareness and involvement with organizations dedicated to finding a cure and a brighter future for the girls of tomorrow. Family members, friends, colleagues and admirers nominated them by completing an online application and submitting an essay.
Bright Starts is pleased to honor the following 2009 winners: Becky Olson (Beaverton, OR); Gina Andrews (Sacramento, CA); Heidi Floyd (Fort Wayne, IN); Jamie Ledezma (Fresno, CA); Kathy Coursey-Boes (Oxford, GA); Melody Oliver (Pelham, TN); Suzanne Chamberlain (Mamaronek, NY); and Tracie Metzger (Cincinnati, OH).
Each mom receives a $5,000 donation to a charity of her choice and will be featured in the October issue of a national parenting magazine and online at www.pinkpowermom.com. In addition to a $5,000 donation, the 2009 Pink Power Mom winners will enjoy VIP treatment at the Four Seasons Hotel in Atlanta during a Pink Power Mom pampering weekend. Pink Power Moms and their companions will attend an invitation-only cocktail reception hosted by Kids II at an exclusive Atlanta location.
Bright Starts™ for a Brighter Tomorrow
To support the Pink Power Mom program, Bright Starts will donate a portion of the proceeds from its top-selling Pretty in Pink™ collection to support breast cancer research. According to Bohannan, “Our signature Pretty in Pink Collection was created to celebrate baby girls and to help give them a bright, healthy tomorrow by supporting the cure for breast cancer.”
This collection expands on Bright Starts’ brand suite of nearly 100 products with fun, fashionable and engaging items that entertain baby girls.
Included in the collection are:
• Bounce-A-Bout™ Activity Center – Innovative activity center includes bounce pad that lets baby bounce without springs, bringing new fun to the saucer category
• Tummy Cruiser™ Prop & Play Mat – Car shaped mat encourages tummy time play and includes an activity dashboard
• Supreme Play Gym– Offers three fun ways to play – laying, tummy time and sitting – and features a variety of melodies and sounds
• Bloomin’ Blocks™ – Stack and tumble, build and crumble with soft fabric blocks that crinkle or chime
• Bees & Blooms™ Soft Ball Set – Assortment of three soft knit and satin fabric balls which feature 3D accents, crinkle and fun jingle and rattle sounds.
• Bloom & Rattle™ – Pretty petals in multiple textures and fabric accents make the flower tons of jingling fun
• Busy Bee™ Photo Book – Baby’s first scrapbook holds five 4x6 photos and features a teether handle
Pretty in Pink Collection products range from $4.99 to $79 and are available at leading U.S. retailers and online at www.brightstarts.com