Consider mixing-up your traditional holiday cookie batch this year with a recipe using Pringles crisps. Below is an original recipe for Kringle-Spiced Pringles Cookies, created by professional Chef Kyle Shadix. This sandwich cookie combines the savory crunch of Pringles Original Potato crisps with a sweet and zesty jam to create a winning substitute for the boring ginger cookie
Kringle-Spiced Pringles Cookies by Chef Kyle Shadix
Yield: 2 dozen sandwich cookies
1 can Pringle's "The Original"
1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon allspice
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
· 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
· 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup fruit preserves, raspberry or mixed berry
· 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven at to 350 degrees and place Pringles, flour, baking soda, and spices in a food processor, and puree until the consistency of corn meal; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until slightly fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix for 30 seconds.
4. Pour the Pringles spice mixture into the bowl and mix for 1 minute; place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets, and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
6. In a small bowl, combine fruit preserves and ginger (if desired, ginger is optional); spread 1 teaspoon onto a cookie, and top with another cookie. Instead of crystallized ginger can swap out 2 teaspoons of powdered ginger to the jam.
I had the chance to review these Kringle-Spiced Pringles Cookies and I have to say I was very surprised...in a good way. I knew I already loved Pringles and the thought of them in a cookie was pretty strange but I figured why not? They were moist and soft yet had a little crunch from the Pringles. The jam gave it the perfect amount of sweetness. I knew Dear Hubby wouldn't try them if I told him they were made of chips so I offered him some without telling him the surprise ingredient. He liked them and said they reminded him of the holidays because of the spice flavor.
Follow the recipe above and try them for yourselves!
I received this product free of charge for review on my blog. All views and opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way.