St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner! Bring a bit-o-luck to the kitchen this year with some easy and tasty dessert ideas from Duncan Hines.
CLOVER PATCH BROWNIES
Bring a bit-o-luck to the kitchen by creating these shamrock-covered Clover Patch Brownies using our Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix.
• 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Family Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
• 1 pkg pre-made marzipan or fondant
• green food coloring
• green toothpicks
1. Bake brownies according to instructions on box. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut brownies into squares.
2. Meanwhile, knead green food coloring into marzipan or fondant until desired shade of green is achieved.
3. Form small (1-inch) 3-leaf and 4-leaf clover shapes out of fondant or marzipan. Be realistic and make a lot more 3-leaf clovers than 4-leaf clovers.
4. Stick clover shapes on top of green toothpicks.
5. Insert little bunches of clovers onto each brownie.
LEPRECHAUN KEY LIME CAKE
Try your luck with our cool, creamy, refreshing Leprechaun Key Lime Cake. There's a splash of lemon-lime in every bite thanks to Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix, lemon pudding, lime slices and Key lime juice.
• 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
• 1 (3.4 oz) pkg lemon instant pudding and pie filling
• 4 large eggs
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup water
• 1/4 cup Key lime juice
• 2 cups confectioners' sugar
• 1/3 cup Key lime juice
• 2 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
• additional confectioners' sugar, lime slices and fresh strawberry slices
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
2. For cake, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup Key lime juice in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
3. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Remove cake from pan onto cooling rack. Return cake to pan. Poke holes in top of warm cake with toothpick or long-tined fork.
4. For glaze, combine 2 cups confectioner's sugar, 1/3 cup Key lime juice, 2 tablespoons water and melted butter in medium bowl. Pour slowly over top of warm cake. Cool completely. Invert onto serving plate. Dust with additional confectioner's sugar. Garnish with lime slices and strawberry slices, if desired
I received a box of a Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix and Duncan Hines® Family Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix to try these recipes for myself. The brownies were chewy and gooey, just the way we like them. The Key Lime Cake was delicious! The cake was so moist and just melted in your mouth. The glaze is a great alternative to the extra sweet frosting that covers most cakes. I have to admit though, I had a hard time finding key limes at my grocery store so I used regular limes. I'm not quiet sure if the two limes have a distinctly different flavors but it was delicious all the same. Both desserts were easy to prepare and are a nice change from just following the box directions. They were a hit in this house!
Want to try and make these desserts yourself?? One lucky Oh My Baby reader will win
1 box of Duncan Hines® Family Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix and 1 box of Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix. Random winner will have 48 hours to respond. U.S. addresses only. Leave your comment by 11:59pm EST April 2nd.
Visit Duncan Hines and tell me another one of their delicious recipes you would like to try.
For Extra Entries:
- Follow Oh My Baby publicly (3 extra)
- Add an Oh My Baby button to your sidebar (leave me the link)
- Enter any of my other giveaways (one entry each)
- Help spread the word and blog about this giveaway (leave me the link)
I recieved these products free of charge for review on my blog. The views and opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way.